Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Poem; And I'll Look Death in the Eye and Sigh.

Okay, this is just some random poem that pop-ed into my head just a couple of minutes ago. Not that I'm feeling emotional (fine, just a little) or anything, just an inspiration that came to me.

So here goes...

And I'll Look Death in the Eye and Sigh.

Life isn't as peaceful
as you've thought it out to be.
the up and down contours,
sets a precedent in our minds.

When we're down and out
take a step back and listen
to the sounds of the heart
which holds no reason.

Yes, the heart falters
but should we?
will we soldier on,
in search of the light?

Affairs of the heart
an incomparable truth
for us as mere mortals
this is only a bruise.

Complications arise
but that is the nature
for this cruel game of life,
is full of obstacles as such.

When the time comes
and problems arise
feelings crushed
hurt and betrayed.

What do we do?
scars of battle,
gashes of blood,
and wounds of the heart.

What do we do?
left out in the open
vulnerable and cold
till of age too old.

What do we do?
the mental agony,
torment and torture
is it all in our minds?

This pain is real
both inside and out
for the scars won't heal
nor will they fade.

All that drama,
the cruel truth
is this needed?
why have people become as thus?

The life that I've been
full of forceful regrets
nevertheless I've lived
throughout all those defects.

This is life as such
for one like myself
few will understand
few will comprehend.

This is life as such
for one like myself
no one knows
no one feels.

Living under a rock
for insecurities exist
those who may mock
it doesn't matter at least

And thus when the time comes
when the crows cry
the lakes empty
and when heavens dry

I'll know that the time
has indeed come
for me to take my leave
from this place of harm.

Until then,
when I see its face
whatever it is
with its horrible grimace

At that point in time
my tears will dry
when everything will stop...


I'll look Death in the eye


and Sigh.

No comments: