Sunday, July 27, 2008

Remember the Time when...


Just a little detour before heading back to work.

I've added a new counter to the site, if you've managed to observe. Its kinda cool actually; it tracks your ip, the type of browser you're using, your OS, where you navigated from, etc. Pretty neat huh?

Oh, but don't worry, your privacy is safe here at metallic-stains.blogspot.com.

Anyway, moving on. I'll update my Bucketlist by this week or the next for its been uncompleted since uh... forever really. I'm open to ideas (though I've already got a few in mind) so yea, feel free to share them and click on the link on the navigation bar to your right to check it out; its rather neat (or weird).

Been feeling rather intensive these few days for a couple of reasons. Mainly due to work but an assortment of others as well.

"We're approaching what they call the Business End of the season."

And thats true apparently. We've been given piles to do, just before the end of the semester. Thats the life of professionals, I guess. Even taking some time off for family and friends might seem like a guilty pleasure.

Aside from that, I've been feeling well... out of sorts of late. I kinda know why but then again, I don't. yea I know, its complicated and rather well, personal. Snap out of it will you?! lol.

Okay fine, maybe I'm starting to feel a little "sentimental" again. I blame the late nights, I blame the oh-so-quiet atmosphere you get when you're awake at 3am in the morning alone and I guess I blame myself. Gah.

Oh well, on to the main idea of the post.

Was in the shower just a couple of minutes ago and I thought of my childhood, which then linked to my busy life now. Such differences.

I wonder how many of you guys have actually stopped and thought about your childhood despite the fact that you're growing up with different commitments and all; its really amusing, in a way.

Remember the time when...

You first wee-ed in your pants (eww.)
You took your first step (Ok I don't)
You drank milk out of a bottle
You thought everything was called by its colour (ie. Orange)
You enjoyed and hated to get out of showers
You didn't like mealtimes
You cried when you first when to school
You got back the results to your first spelling test
To you, the world was a playground
To you, ever single detail was so interesting
You enjoyed your life

Okay, not that I hate my life now, its just that theres something different about life then and life now. Simple pleasures evolve, from finding a "foil" in your weekly trading card game pack to completing an assignment. From being able to have "coco-crunch" for breakfast to being able to have Subway for dinner. You get what I'm going on about yea?

I miss my life back then, but I know I'll miss the life I'm living now, thus I cherish every moment thats ever happened to me, be it good or bad.

Life is fragile, you might be gone like the next moment, I might even die right after I type this post or I might not wake up from my sleep the next morning; who knows?

Thats why we cherish life and put it in such a high regard. Have a life? Live it.

Okay, I see the potential for an article here but I'll leave it at that for now; time to do work.

I don't see myself sleeping tonight, to be honest, though not necessarily a bad thing; Jazz+Late Nights= awesome.

Remember to check back for updates and articles and oh yea, the completion of my bucketlist.

Cya'll later,
I Hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. You're still as naggy.

The Daily Chronicles said...

lol, i remember those times, sucks to remember sometimes though, you gotta take note of that. nice entry though. Why is charlene calling you naggy? Although its partly true.