Monday, September 15, 2008

iDifferent



Time for a quick update (and yes, in case you were curious about the picture, I'll touch on that as well later on).

Subway dinners are awesome especially this particular outlet I went to a couple of hours ago (I'm not trying to plug for them but those who love Subway sandwiches will get the deal). To top it off, they had this awesome promotion; buy ANY Subs and get a large meal totally FREE.

So yea, I ended up with one of my favorites, Cold Cut Trio, foot long, no pickles and green chili, sweet onion sauce WITH a large meal (3 chocolate chip cookies, 1 huge cup of coke) entirely on the house.

You can't say that isn't awesome.

Ended up feeling really (really) full and as often when you're feeling full, sleepy (pig much?).

The pass couple of days for me were somewhat enriching to a certain extend.

I've been doing an extensive research about Apple and Apple products. Partly because I'm really impressed with their range of products (with form as well as function) like the newly released iPhone 3G, iPod Nano Chrome and partly because Apple has a really unique marketing system, both in terms of sales as well as conceptualization. Allow me to elaborate.

Apple's sales and production ideas function on the basis of

If I have a phone as well as an MP3 player, why not merge them together?


as well as

I (the company) think the product is cool, you (the consumer) should too.


correct me if I'm wrong about the above observations but as a common consumer in the modern market, that is what Apple is trying to say to its customers.

This is however, not necessarily a bad thing.

In a recent conversation with my folks, we've talked about a myriad of issues, one of which revolving around the idea that teenagers (young adults) yearn to be different in whichever way they can.

Be it in terms of their dressing, hairstyles or even their attitudes, young people nowadays are really being over of the box huh?


as commented from one of my folks.

Yet I can't agree more. Being a member of the "young people" classification myself, I can't help but agree to that observation that the "people of tomorrow and the future" want to and more often, strive to be different.

I guess we prize individuality as an asset and rightly so, in my opinion. I've always believe that being a unique individual is something that no one, will and can ever take away.

And that recollection kinda linked me back to Apple.

The reason why they're doing so well in terms of worldwide sales (for their iPods, Macs, as well as the iPhones) would probably reason down to the simple fact; they approach their businesses differently.

Companies nowadays adopt the marketing concept as it is largely considered "safest" and that's what the consumers generally want, as claimed by marketers. Customizing products to suit its customers' needs and wants may sound really vital and smart in the modern competitive market. But is it what it seems?

With Apple, it is largely believed that they adopt a product concept, generally going along the lines of "Hey, if I think my product is good, it IS good". Simply put, the producers believe in their product.

These guys do not take the consumers' needs and wants into top priority but instead ask themselves stuff like "It would be pretty cool to have a device which you can communicate, listen to music, watch videos as well as surf the internet altogether in one wouldn't it?" and in doing so, conjuring up with fantastic and innovative products.

In a way, Apple is lucky to have received such a response, for it is a huge risk; what if the general consumer base rejects the way the company thinks?

Yet millions of people own Apple products worldwide and I'm pretty sure that a large number comes from the young adults and their ideas of "being different".

Sure, Apple is different from other companies, but it works for them and up till now, I'm trying to figure out why.

This coming from the fact that I have a Safari browser (an Apple program) running looking up facts of the iPhone and just a couple of hours ago, downloaded iTunes (another Apple program) to sought out my music.

And in case you're wondering, yes, I'm seriously contemplating a purchase for the newly released iPhone.

Why the appeal?

I'm afraid its a mixture of the right marketing tools as well as an excellent production process. Both the marketing process, the hype generated thrown into the blender with an already excellent technological marvel results in an exclusive result, something that will attract consumers en masses.

Being different isn't a bad thing and for that, I applaud you Mr Steve Jobs (CEO of Apple) for bringing the such innovative and revolutionary gadgets into the world of not only young adults, but also the world of human beings as a whole.

I know that the people of tomorrow, will carry not only the knowledge but also the gadgets of tomorrow.

And I, being one of them, have some serious considerations to make before my final decision.

This isn't just a trend, but also a statement. Not a fashion equivalent but a statement to being different and a statement of revolution.

Should I or shouldn't I? That is the question.

Alright, as I ponder over that little question, remember to check back for updates as well as the upcoming review and revisit on Hysteria's Call right here on metallic-stains.

As mentioned previously, articles might flow in slower during this period of time and thus I express my sincere apologies. But be sure to check back for updates and remember to share your thought via the comment option you see right after this post.

Cya'll later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

& i thought you were dead since your last post.hahaha (:
and yes we will defo wave to kimi on turn( i also don't know which number ) when he goes past!! :D
I'M SO EGGGGGCITED!! CAN YOU TELL? :D
hahahahaha, get the iPhone(:
' cause it's sexy.
and you're idiot,
so you need it to make you look cool.
HAHA :D

Anonymous said...

*and you're idiot3

Anonymous said...

IPhone is like the most epic fail phone in singapore, buy it in the USA and it only costs like 200 bucks, what kind of fucked up shit is that. Plus, witht he stupid promotions, almost everyone wants a stupid IPhone