Saturday, September 6, 2008

Best of 3 Worlds?

Glad to see that the third and final installment of Hysteria's Call warrants such positive feedback from you guys; really appreciate feedback as well as your comments and a big...

THANK YOU!

I really hope you guys enjoyed the short (look, its just 3 posts long yea?) narrative and from it all, learn of something new as well as a little food for thought. I will be doing a follow-up post (not this one) on the various themes and share a couple of thoughts I have for the story itself so check back when that's posted.

And ahhh, yes. On to today's update and main substantive...

*GEEK MODE ACTIVATE*




Okay, I guess the picture pretty much sums up what I'm thinking but before the confused faces pop up, let me explain. Slowly.

This past couple of days have been, well kinda dry, so I decided to do a little research to induce a certain change in a part of my life.

I mean come on, what better way to change your daily lifestyle then to search for new Internet browsers? Well I guess I was kinda attracted to Google's newly released internet browser, (what's its name again? *runs off to search*) Chrome, as featured on the Wednesday paper (or was it Thursday, oh well).

After a rather comprehensive research on the net, I ended up with 2 other browsers that enticed me, personally; Mozilla Firefox and Safari.

Awesome.

I've been using IE (Internet Explorer) since god knows when so yea, I guess it would be a decent change. I was strangely nervous, partly because I didn't really know what to expect from these browsers (I've never actually used them firsthand, though have had experience from other sources) and partly because I was a teeny bit reluctant.

So yea, lets start off with the household standard, Internet Explorer.

Walk into any PC store (NOTE the word PC, not APPLE, PC), purchase a standard desktop or laptop and you'll get this browser, flat out. I guess this explains its tremendous market share as compared to the others. But take nothing away from it.

IE serves well through its standard functions and "down right to earth" user interface, making research and finding information a breeze. And face it, anyone who's been to the internet has at least used IE ONCE, thus its ease of use.

Firefox however, is a whole new ballgame.

Hmm... How should I put this. Customizable themes, User-friendly interface plus faster loading times, its certainly a breath of fresh air. I guess Firefox won me over with its awesome looking interface (which as mention, can be customized according to the user) as well as its "safer browsing" and downloading interfaces.

No wonder most of my friends and people in my social circle use (and often promote the use of) Firefox.

Safari may sound like a zoo, but if only zoos were this sleek (but hey, I love the zoo).

Originated from and made for the Mac OS (operating system for apple computers, kinda amounts to the same thing really), Apple users out there will know what I'm going on about.

Apple Computers define technology in style. Even geeks with Apple computers get the chicks (metaphorical analogy). Though the colors of the user interface may strike as dull (dull grey-ish), I was particularly into the scroll bar (typical Apple scroll bar) and the font used. Simplicity is sleek and beautiful.

So yea, as you might have already have guessed, I couldn't really choose from the 3 browsers. But what the heck, if the world was filled with so many restrictions, what's the point of living life to the fullest?

So I decided to keep all 3 browsers (big surprise), each with its own distinct use and place in my lifestyle.

Take now for example; I have all 3 browsers opened, IE's doing some sought of research about wine, Safari's looking up on Guitar Hero 3 and Apple products while I'm blogging on Firefox.

The thought of changing my desktop to an iMac, is however, a very very appealing prospect... (not counting the financial issue)

*All respective brand and company names, products and programs belong fully to the company itself. There was and will not be any biased intention though this post by the owner of this blog or its managing team. All references can be found at the respective company websites.*

*GEEK MODE OFF*

Yep, so there you have it. Just a short review and update I guess. Its not entirely often that I diverse into technology on metallic-stains, but I'm sure it'll be a breath of fresh air for you guys here.

I guess its good to bring about a change in your life once in awhile, it keeps you going and makes you think that there always more to life then our routine. It also forces you out of your comfort zone, something which I think is vital for self improvement.

Just a little food for thought for you guys to ponder over (once again). And yea, a very big thank you again, for all the feedback and response regarding Hysteria's Call.

Be sure to check back for updates and articles on metallic-stains. Remember, life is full of changes and turnarounds.

Cya'll later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

use mozilla, its so much freaking better then IE, not so sure about safari, but yeah, mozilla's good.

Darren

Anonymous said...

firefox & safari ftw!
\m/

Anonymous said...

Kenji the best writer ever. Cheers.

Husayn