Monday, January 19, 2009

Own Time, Own Target, Own Passion

The Rush of our time.

I've been on a mini hiatus of late due to the immerse amount of school work and commitments. The school semester reaches its end which probably explains the increased workload.

However, the coming towards the end of a semester also means the impending arrival of the holidays and big plans are already set for the coming break. But most importantly, it'll involve you guys, yes you guys, the readers of metallic-stains.

I shan't reveal too much here but do check back for updates, though activity will be largely reduced due to the influx of work.

My apologies for that.

Recently, I've been involved in a myriad of projects; most of which I thoroughly enjoy. There were a couple of prominent ones in the process.

The main highlight of the lot has to be the upcoming music video production where we are supposed to produce our very own music video.

Well, being a Drool Bits Production (the makers of Encode/Decode and "Where are you?"), we have decided to incorporate a few not so common approaches to the execution and feel of the music video production.

Imagine.

No spoilers as yet but all I can say is that our dear Audrey's been hard at work for the pass couple of days.

We're currently in the midst of production and certainly very good stuff along the way so be sure to check back on our progress.

A week or so back saw the release of the O level results and the Polytechnic's Open House. My deepest congratulations to all who did well but for those who feel disappointed for whatever reason, fret not and just follow your dreams no matter what.

It was, in a way, a very nostalgic period for me personally as well. Barely a year ago, I was in that situation whist making the transition from secondary to tertiary education.

Sure, it was an audacious and trying process but I can safely (and happily) say that I've found what I'm looking for.

My tertiary education made me realize that its not about what you do or how well you do it, its about how much do you like doing it.

Many a time in life, we find ourselves doing things which we either don't enjoy, things we are forced into doing or even things which we simply have to do.

This can be dangerous, I feel. I look at the people around me every time I get the opportunity to take the morning bus or train (which is filled with working professionals)and I think its sad to see that they are living their lives with simply "no choice at all" and that they are just "in it for the money"; clearly, they don't enjoy whatever they're doing.

I pondered on the reason for such a phenomenon.

Are we really slaves to the dollars of our pockets in our society?

I'd really hope not.

We live in such a materialistic world and I guess that's the main culprit behind such occurrences. Many individuals give up on their dreams as they are either too radical, impractical or are just able to find a "better" alternative.

While making the transition to tertiary education, I knew that it was there and then which would decide my future and whatever I would probably be doing for the rest of my life.

So thus, here I am now.

While many might not understand why I would lug Audrey around, in search of pictures, compose a 10000 word post or spend day and night working on a particular production or project, I can safely identify the reason.

It just keeps going on, doesn't it?

Its not about the money, its not about the time, its all about personal satisfaction and creative satisfaction.

They say that if you enjoy whatever you're doing, its not considered work anymore.

To an extend, that statement holds its validity but to me, I draw reward from satisfaction.

However, I'm pretty sure that each and every individual will have his or her own form of satisfaction thus I'll post this to you guys out there,

What is Satisfaction to you?

I'll be looking forward to your reactions but in the meantime, reflect and ask yourself if you're truly happy with whatever you're doing with your life as of right now.

If not, how can you improve? If so, how can you keep it up or strengthen this way of living?

For me personally, I feel that the media has not only roused my interest but also has given me a platform to express myself freely and creatively, and in that sense, I find my satisfaction.

No matter how obtuse or eccentric your idea of satisfaction may be, if that's what floats you boat, hey don't let anyone put you down.

Plenty to think about for the time being and be sure to check back regularly for updates and content. Looking forward to all your feedback and comments to the topic.

Metallic-stains will be involved in a major upcoming project though details will be slowly revealed over the weeks.


Keep Chasing those Dreams!

*Unauthorized use of content from this post without the permission of either the owner or the management team of metallic-stains will result in undesirable consequences. For more visual works, feel free to click the external links at Audrey's Playground. Audrey has been hard at work.

----------------
Song of the Post



Now playing: Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

soothslayer