Wednesday, January 7, 2009

If a Picture paints a thousand words

Its more than pointing and shooting.

Its been awhile since I last featured or talked about a particular subject matter amongst my post so for today's post, we'll be talking about producing a good picture and my personal rational and interpretation behind pictures.

So before you can say "pic spam!", let me warn you that you've been told...

A different perspective to things oblivious to the naked eye.

Well, I can safely say that I'm by no means, a professional photographer (or anywhere near that association as yet) but I guess producing both still images in the form of photographs as well as moving images in the form of movie and film productions can be considered as recent interests.

Both of which has grown into something deeper than mere passing interest.

Creation is satisfying to some while the Created Product is satisfying to the masses; Creation here being the process while the other, the final product. And that being said, I guess my interest for both aspects of creation has sprouted from the very basis of my course of study.

The Media is vast and ever changing.

While some like to convey their thoughts and ideas via literature, others tend to be more visual and thus convey their perceptions through films and the such. We also have a few others who communicate via still images.

Yes, different mediums are and can be used to communicate and accentuate your ideas, thoughts, beliefs or even perspective, if executed in a suitable method.

Literature, Film and Photos are just examples of different mediums.

And well, for me personally, its a tough internal conflict between the three.

I mean I love to actually write down my ideas, thoughts and perception (as seen here on metallic-stains); I love to make films (as cultivated through my course of study) and hope to make and product short but effective and powerful films in the near future.

Clearly, the newest contender here being the epitome of imaging.

Well, some of you guys out there might have notice a little addition to the link bar to the right and as mentioned in the previous posts, the new member of the management team has indeed widen and developed my interest in the said field.

While metallic-stains stands as my literal take on life, my pictures will (hopefully) represent my visual take on the big picture.

Some of my more visual works can be viewed here, http://www.flickr.com/photos/33694436@N07/ though I'm always open to comments and critical insights regarding my photos, both technically and idealistically.

Technical and Idealistic execution are both important aspects of a picture.

On a technical front, I'm pretty sure that I've got loads more to learn to even consider myself as a photographer. This comes with experience and guidance, things which I consider myself in vital need which (hopefully again) will come in time.

Thus, I chose to work towards my idealistic take on photo taking.

There are millions of photographers out there in the world but the sole appeal of the medium is simple because it gives the people to present their unique perceptions and ideas in the form of pictures.

Well, to me, I feel strongly about the idea and "feel" that the picture is giving me. What is it trying to say? What emotion is it trying to portray?

To me, a good picture means a mind provoking experience, though not always in a negative manner. A good picture should set the viewer thinking and relating.

There are numerous pictures out there on the net and I for one have certainly seen quite a number of good pictures out there, some even able to put my mind into a mental frenzy.

Yes, it is quite appealing and interesting to explore uncharted perceptions and ideas using this medium.

I have an aim every time I interact with Audrey (refer to previous posts for more clarification about the entity). Exploring perceptions has always been something that I value with high regard on a personal level and that is what I aim, every single time I look through her eyes in preparation for a shot.

Thus as we come to the end of this rather concise post, I would like some feedback and advice on the relevant topic;

Which is more important, the Technical or Idealistic aspect of a picture?

Remember to check back for some awesome material coming up and with that I'll see you guys around and hoped you've enjoyed this little feature as much as I did while taking the photos.

Keep Snapping!

*Pleas refer to the team's flickr page for more visual works. The uncredited use of materials from the above feature post without the knowledge of the management team of metallic-stains will result in negative consequences. Please, let creativity and ideas thrive, stamp out plagiarism.

----------------
Whatever's Good in the Pot.
Now playing: New Found Glory - I Don't Wanna Know
via FoxyTunes

No comments: