Sunday, August 10, 2008

Analysis of Semester One.



I've decided to do a little recap on the semester as it draws to a close. Though it may be impossible to fully articulate my entire experience in this one post, I guess it'll be good to at least mention a few issues and assignments that I took on during the term.

So here goes...

Analysis of Semester One, Media Studies and Management



This picture you see above belongs to Creativity and Thinking skills, ICA3, where each and everyone of us in the class were expected to do up a weekly journal for a period of around 2 months and present it in a creative fashion.

Aside from that, a set of ethics were also expected in the journal itself.

I decided to fashion and design my journal into a stack of NYP (the institution where I studied at) notes. My code of ethics was designed as an "ICA brief", something which tells you what you have to do for a particular ICA and what not.



The picture above was simply hilarious to me personally. It was part of a storyboard project which I had to complete for my Scriptwriting module, ICA4.



We had to come up with an advertisement for the new FE-320 (All rights and model names belongs to Olympus Cameras) and thus had to fabricate a storyboard to fully and effectively articulate our advertisement ideas.

The two figures in the frames were supposed to be newly wedded couples, pardon my drawing abilities and craftsmenship.

Aside from these assignments, there were alot of others, including numerous (not really) formal reports and a couple of pitches here and there for certain modules.

Mock media companies were set up too, in light of various projects.

1) Frequency, a music magazine company
where a pitch and formal report had to be submitted.

2) Uptempo Recording, (Keep Up the Tempo, Record your Future.)
where a pitch and a sub formal report had to be submitted.

Both instigated and expressed my interest in the media as well as in their respective modules.

It was really a good experience into the real-life professional media circuit and I'm sure my counterparts would readily agree (remember the late nights and lack of sleep, my fellow media-practitioners-to-be?).

Though the workload was overbearing at times, it consolidated and refined our abilities to work, be it individually or as a group.

School wouldn't be termed as such without friends, and certainly, the semester saw the bond of many amongst the class.

No, I'm talking about friendships made en route during the semester.

We bonded well as a class and I'm sure everyone has at least got a taste of working with one another, be it having positive results or negative experiences.

Take these experiences in stride and learn from them, and we'll always strive for the best.

I daresay that the people I've been seeing almost daily (not counting weekends) are really awesome, period. The kind of friends that one can find in their course of life that you'll want to keep.

You guys are awesome and I'm really looking forward to the spending rest of tertiary education with all of you, MS0801.

Though we may have our tough times (ie. insane project deadlines), we've managed to pull through and survived.

MS0801, work hard and play hard! And remember, we're united as one!

-End of Analysis-

That's that, hope you guys enjoyed this little update.

Remember to check back for articles, one of which will be posted shortly.

I'm really satisfied with semester one but naturally from a personal viewpoint, strive to do better in semester two as well as the rest of my educational studies.

It is all in the mind, but controlling it is another thing altogether, something I hope to further enhance my ability to do and master.

Life gets more and more interesting so stay tuned and remember to check back.

Cya'll later

2 comments:

The Daily Chronicles said...

as long as you promise theres not gonna be any more homosexual sex parties, then im cool.

nice post anyway,

Darren

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I belong to both the companies. Frequency, man!