Sunday, May 3, 2009

Packages of Happiness

A couple of significant events happened ever since I last posted here on metallic-stains.

For one, school has finally started after a long break (of 2 months) and year 2 is gradually set in motion. A new year often means new modules and with that, naturally new challenges surface, which interestingly, is much anticipated.

On a personal level, the pass week saw happiness in the air.

Packets of Significance.

I like it when events as such occur in my life, I mean don't you? Everyone strives to be happy and for the people around them to be happy as well, and I think family events are good examples of such happiness.

A smile can mean many things. The human expression is vast and often not as simple as it seems. We might smile to accommodate, or even to mask our true feelings so when do we know when we're truly happy in our lives?

Happiness is an underrated emotion.

From young, we've been bred to "be happy". The first emotive word which is taught to children is often the word "happy", ie. "I am happy". So much so that as we grow and develop as human beings, we avoid using "Happy" as it is simply too simple and over used.

We tend to look for more profound ways of expressing ourselves as we feel that the things we perceive are complicated and a simple word would not be able to convey its true essence.

But herein lies the question; whoever decreed that emotions and perceptions are to be complex?

Personally, I feel that emotions, though complex in nature, need not necessarily be expressed in a complicated fashion. Often, we find ourselves in a position where it becomes hard for us to express how we feel, so why not try something simple?

This is the reason why I like family events. What I see at these events isn't complex beyond human comprehension, nor is it rocket science; I see emotion being expressed freely and simply.

We often do not realize that simplicity at these events as we are often very much immersed in the atmosphere and the emotion of the event.

For me, happiness is an emotion I would like persist throughout my life. I mean if you had a nice happy way to live your life, why would you want to choose otherwise?

Happiness isn't hard to find; just look around you.

Anyone of significance, I believe, will be able to instill this simplistic emotion into you.

Dusk.

So yea, that's that I guess. After a short mini hiatus, I guess I finally found time to update this space, so watch out for more stuff to come.

Evidently, I've been preoccupied with day to day activities and more prominently, events and the such.

However, though updates may be very much restricted as per my schedule, feel free to check out some of the other social networking sites I've been on, to the right of this post (ie, facebook, Twitter, flickr).

On a side note, I think more people should start using twitter, and those who are using it, should update frequently. Just saying.

Twitter's pretty interesting and all so I urge you social networking junkies out there to go take a look and who knows, you might be twittering even more than I am!

In all, check back soon and till then.

*the pictures you see in this post belong to metallic-stains and its respective owner and any uncredited or uninformed use of materials or excerpts from the blog's content will be liable for further action. This sounds all serious and stuff.

----------------
Now playing: Brand New - The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"This sounds all serious and stuff."

Hahahahah okay.