Sunday, August 23, 2009

You've Gotta Hide Your Love Away

Its been a heck of a long time since I actually updated metallic-stains with a real post so here it is! For all you guys out there, tons have been (and still is) happening so here's a little lowdown.

First off, Holidays are here and a much deserved break I supposed. Work has been a real killer this semester, partly due to the extra one week break we had at the start of the school term.

Not that its a bad thing, but the congestion of work during the last few weeks were simply amazing! Nevertheless, a good experience to see the people around me slogging their guts out and giving it their all.

Give yourself a pat on your back!

A whole lot has been going on around me I suppose, throughout duration of absence without a real post and I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't want to read a 10 page long essay about the past few weeks of my life so I'll save up on that.

I've got a few decisions to make though, and was hoping to seek the opinion of you guys (who still visit metallic-stains, thank you so much).

As you may/may not know, The Beatles Rock Band (the game) will be released 9/9/09. Oh how I would want to get my hands on that sweet thing.

So here's the thing, the platform; Playstation or Xbox?

I'm pretty sure you guys out there have either platforms, and I'm not much of a console game fanatic (or a game fanatic in general, for that matter), so I would like some opinions.

Pricing information would be really awesome too.

So that's that and on a totally random note, the sky's really dark and rain is eminent.

Also, I'll need some comments about the photo below for reasons undisclosed. I'm open to positive and negative comments so feel free to express what you think.

With that, I'll sign off for now. Remember to check back for more updates and posts. With holidays here, who knows what will be up on this space, so keep checking back.

Clarke Quay, Singapore.

*The picture as seen in this post belongs solely to the owner of the blog. No commercial use of the photo is permitted unless specified by the owner.

----------------
Now playing: The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love
via FoxyTunes

6 comments:

marion said...

I'm no gaming geek either, but personally I prefer the interface of the Xbox. The Beatles is definitely a must have, & I think you'll enjoy the quality most on the Xbox.

Regarding the picture, that is exactly how I want to see Clark Quay in all its glory. Lit up, thronging with people, bustling with business, hearing snippets of conversations everywhere and feeling the cooler night breeze blowing through your hair. Sadly, I rarely get to experience the night because of my mother.

If Yi Ci were to comment on your picture, he would have a lot of things to say. Professionally of course. He probably would say that the framing could be better. The lights might be a tad to bright, picture quality could be better. But to the untrained eye, it's the life.

Darren said...

FUCK MARION, not literally, but her comment (jokes). Anyway, the PS3 is a much better console with added benefits, first you get a built in Blu-Ray player which is totally awesome already.

Not to mention the fact that the PS3-Slim is out, which makes it sleek, dark and lightweight, easily transportable and easier to move around.

PSN (Online features) are also free, as opposed to XBOX Live where you have to pay some kind of annual fee if im not mistaken. And, for the record, PS3 kicks the fucking ass out of the XBOX 360.

FUCK YOU XBOX FANBOYS/GIRLS

P.S: It's a nice picture

Cheers,
Darren

Kenneth "I'm too lazy to sign into my Google Account" said...

marion: Alright Marion, relax. Journalistic writing's over. Hahah but thanks for the feedback; really appreciate it.

Darren: I kinda knew that you would lean more towards the PS3 side and I guess, pluses there as well. Not to mention Blu-Ray is awesome. And thanks for the picture. Haha.

marion said...

HAHAHAHA I WAS FEELING THE MOOD THAT NIGHT CANNOT AH! tsk

XBOX XBOX FOR TEH WIN \m/

Darren said...

XBOX is a machine-of-war created by aliens disguised as a white box to suck human brains when they're sleeping. Might I add, that in 2012, all XBOX-es will turn into giant fucking "War of the World" walking alien tanks and destroy every-fucking-thing in the world with their GIANT LAZERZSZZXSZ OF DOOM.

I mean, what?

Marion Tan said...

-.-

Darren. Seriously.


GIANT LAZERZSZZXSZ OF DOOM.

So chink for what? :D