Friday, December 26, 2008

That Feeling

Nature at one of its best.

Its been awhile since I've set foot on the island getaway of Singapore, also known as Sentosa. What better way to spend some quality time with your fellow classmates than a day in the great outdoors, by the sea?

Sun, Sea and Coconuts?

Great company and awesome sights (as seen in the photos) can certainly make one's day.

Well the trip made me realize that more often then not, simple pleasures in life are often around oneself; we just have to look around us carefully. Of course, everyone's interpretation of having fun or "chilling out" might differ from another individual, but if its what makes you happy, then hey, its called having fun I guess.

Take myself for example. The past couple of days for me were spent with dear Audrey here. Everywhere I went, she went with me. Yes, she may be a tad quiet but hey, its awesome company to me.

Here She is, just taking a snooze on the bed.

Oh apologies readers, it seems that I've yet to introduce to you guys the newest member of the metallic-stains management team.

Yes, Audrey the camera has been hard at work for many of the pictures you've seen here on metallic-stains and has played a considerable part in the peppering the posts with picture after picture.

Audrey's a Nikon D60 and has only recently joined the metallic-stains management team. Posts from now on will be introduced to her photo taking capabilities so keep a lookout for that.

Moving away from that.

Christmas is finally here! Ho ho ho!

I'm sure many of you guys out there are enjoying and soaking up the festive mood in full swing this very moment and rightly so as well.

A season of giving; the general mood of Christmas which is deeply influenced by the multiple marketing campaigns, I'm sure. But I have to agree that this is a season where one shows appreciation for the people around him/her.

Which was the reason why I chose to make "Christmas Deliveries" on Christmas eve itself.

To me, nothing beats the look on a person's face when he or she receives a present. The feeling of being able to make someone else happy and contented with a little action (or a little gift, for that matter) is simply overwhelming and truly delightful.

I've also noticed a changing trend in my personal mindset.

The me of 10 years ago would be satisfied with the latest toy or game gadget for Christmas but today, I'm more a fan of giving out smiles rather than receiving the latest technological gadget or the most expensive accessory.

I guess its a change we all face at some point in our lives were we feel that giving is much more important as compared to taking.

Interesting isn't it?

Well I managed to squeeze in a little time after my delivery rounds that day and decided to take a walk downtown, with Audrey strapped safely behind me of course.

The feeling, that atmosphere was really different that night as I recall now in retrospect. It was so significant that while I was having a little coffee break down at Starbucks that night, I penned down my thoughts.

Which went something like this;

That Feeling.

"

Title: "That Feeling"

Wrapper after Wrapper, bag after bag, its that time of the year again. To some, a hassle, to others, a joy.

And to a small other group, a significance.

You see smiles everyday but the smiles you see during this season are truly memorable. "Here, I made this for you", might not seem like much, but it can certainly light up one's day.

Nature finds substitutes well; while others on the other side of the world cope with snowflakes, we take out out umbrellas and hoodies.

A worthy substitute?

Nothing beats this feeling. The feeling of light drizzle against your skin, the feeling of having everything you need on your back, the feeling of unrivaled freedom.

With church bells chiming in the background to familiar Christmas melodies and the soft gentle wind blowing at your cheeks, one certainly feels and hopes that life is a dream and everyday should be as such.

As you settle down for a coffee, you stop and reminisce on the day long gone and the days soon to come. Surely nothing would be able to replace such a setting, will it?

Slowly, you take a sip of coffee. Its aroma pervades through your senses and your breath is coated with a deep flavor of roast.

Time seemingly stops as you gaze far but you stop, and started thinking again.

A soft Christmas tune plays in your head, reminding you of the occasion, such a celebrated even this is; minute by minute, the day approaches.

Santa will be proud of you today, as you are with yourself for joy and smiles are spread. A feeling unrivaled.

But wait, is everything done?

You glance around you and something serves as a reminder of an uncompleted task. Your focus shifts away and you start thinking about your family and friends.

What are they doing? Are they happy?

You sense the evident mood amongst the people around you and its hard not to get affected. Amidst casual conversations are hints of Christmas being distributed here and there.

This atmosphere is infectious, in a good way of course. It makes you want to stand up and proclaim, sing and dance, jump and scream.

Interestingly, you check your phone, take your camera out and snapped a couple of shots. This is the moment when you wished that life was like this everyday, every time.

With everyone happy, you wished that everyday was Christmas.

"Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year."

"

Over a slow cup of coffee, I penned the above down based on my mood, feelings and my observations around me at that time. Hope you guys enjoyed that little "narrative".

Its interesting what the season of Christmas means to each and everyone of us. So let me post this question to you readers out there;

"What does Christmas mean to you?"


Well for me, as I've mentioned, Christmas means being able to bring happiness to the people around me and seeing them contented and happy. Christmas also means making myself happy and positive and also an assurance that there is still hope and reason to smile at the end of the day.

Hope and a reason to Smile is what keeps this star shining.

Cliche stuff I know but I'm pretty sure the words "Christmas" and "Happiness" ain't exactly that far off for one encompasses the other and vice versa.

So yea, I really look forward to your responses and comments about the post and the question. Remember to check back for updates as the year 2009 looms upon us!

In the meantime, stay safe and happy and if you drink, don't drive.

And oh yea, from all of us here at metallic-stains, have a Happy and Brilliant Christmas!

Cya'll later.

"A very merry Christmas"

*Use of pictures from this post without the management team's approval or notice will result in undesirable consequences. Please, amidst the festive season stay safe, play it safe and live well.*

----------------
Song of the Post


Now playing: John Lennon - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
via FoxyTunes

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww (:
wonder if the secret was found out
hmmm ;D

Anonymous said...

spending time with ppl i love (:

Samuel said...

WHY AUDREY OF ALL NAMES?!
I personally prefer WESLEY HUR HUR HUR.

Merry Christmas bich!

Anonymous said...

Audrey is sexy damm, but pick a sexier name for her goddamit. Audrey is like a nerdy name

Anonymous said...

He's a nerd remember?
But an emo one :D